Welcome to our baby names pages.
Please click the links below to be directed to our list of best baby names for boys and girls.
Choosing your baby’s name.
Choosing your baby’s name can be a very difficult task. With so many names to wade through it can be daunting to say the least. After all, the name you choose your baby will have to live with.
Here are a few tips when choosing a name.
- Make a shortlist of your favourites.
- Take time to get used to different names.
When you have chosen your favourite name.
- Write it down next to the surname, see how it looks and feels.
- It is a good idea to say the name several times to get used to it.
- Think about what you would shorten the name to. Over your baby’s lifetime people will more than likely shorten his/her name in some way so think about what it will be shortened to.
- Check what your baby’s initials will be.
- Think about keeping your chosen name a secret.
Sometimes it’s best to keep your name ideas to yourself, until you have chosen the definite name. It can take you hours of going through name lists for you to finally find one you could like and someone could put you off straight away. People always have strong opinions of names but at the end of the day it is your choice. Be careful not to let peoples input make your decision even harder than it already is.
Choosing a middle name.
When choosing a middle name or names for your baby think about the following things.
- Have you got a traditional family name you want to use.
- Do you just want a name that sounds good with the first name.
- Does it sound right with both the first name and the surname.
Using a family name is a quite popular choice. I find that if you have quite a long first name and surname, a single sylabol name often sounds really good.