Wondering what to pack in your hospital bag?
Here is our hospital bag checklist. You should aim to have your hospital bag packed and ready to go several weeks before your due date. The last thing you want to do when you go in to labour run around trying to remember everything you need.
Hospital Bag Checklist
You might like to include the following.
- Bathrobe – needed for walking round the hospital.
- Slippers – best to be slip on.
- Nightdress – buttons on the front is useful for breastfeeding.
- Nursing Bra.
- Disposable knickers.
- Maternity Pads.
- Breast pads.
- Toiletries – including hair brush and hair band, facial cleanser etc.
- Lip Balm.
- Snacks and drinks – isotonic drinks are ideal.
- Nursing Pillow – If required.
- Spare clothes – Loose and comfy.
- Hospital notes and birth plan – if required.
- Sleep suits and vests – 4 of each. Its always good to have spares.
- Hat and scratch mits.
- Receiving Blanket.
- Diapers – Best to take your diaper bag.
- Cotton wool.
- Muslin Squares.
- Going home outfit.
- Jacket or cardigan, Depending on season.
- Baby car seat.
Other Things to Think About
Check out the hospital parking.
You may need to keep some spare change aside for the hospital car park.
Depending on the amount of time you will be staying in hospital, you may want to think about taking some kind of entertainment to the hospital with you. For example, a good book, magazines, ipod.
Contacting your loved ones.
Don’t forget to take a list of contact numbers or email addresses with you. Depending on how you are planning to inform the world of your new arrival. You will need a contact list of everyone you need to inform for both you and your partner.
A Practice Run.
Getting close to delivery day? It may be a good idea to try a practice run to the hospital to establish timings. Make sure you have planned your best route, taking into consideration traffic and certain periods of the day.