Here we talk you through how to swaddle a baby.
Swaddling Your Newborn
Most newborn babies love to be swaddled. Swaddling gives babies a sense of security and comfort. It helps them to feel safe, and enclosed, just like when they were in the womb.
Swaddling can be a great,effective way to sooth and clam your baby.
How To Swaddle A Baby
As with many things there are several different techniques you can use to swaddle your little one. This is just one example.
Here are five easy steps on how to swaddle a baby.
- Lay your blanket out in a diamond shape on a soft, safe surface, for example your bed. Fold down one corner into the middle.
- lay your baby face up on the blanket.
- Take the left hand corner of the blanket and tuck it under your baby’s right arm.
- Take the bottom corner and tuck it over your baby’s right shoulder. Take care to give your baby enough leg room.
- Take the remaining part of the blanket and bring it across your baby’s chest. Then tuck it under your baby’s left side.
Basic Tips on Swaddling
- Use a large square swaddling blanket.
- Make sure the blanket is lightweight, thin and breathable material. A specialist blanket is ideal.
- Don’t swaddle your baby too tight or too loose.
- You can swaddle your baby with his arms in or out of the blanket.
If you still struggle with the swaddling technique then don’t worry. There are plenty of other options available to you. Check out our review on the SwaddlePod.
Thanks for taking the time to read our article. If you have found this article enjoyable and useful, please like us on face book.